Before Your Abortion
If you’re pregnant and considering abortion, your first step is a free Pre-Termination Evaluation to get the answers to these three important questions:
- Is my pregnancy viable?
One in five pregnancies end of natural processes, such as miscarriage, before 7 weeks.1 You may not need to have an abortion.
- How far along am I?
Your gestational age determines the abortion procedure you are eligible for, which will impact the cost of the pregnancy termination and the potential side effects.
- Do I have an STD?
Having any type of pregnancy termination with an untreated STD (sexually transmitted disease) jeopardizes a woman’s health by increasing her risk of infection and complications related to reproductive health.
Our free Pre-Termination Evaluation will help you make the pregnancy decision that’s right for you.
What to expect from your Pre-Termination Evaluation, step by step:
- A Patient Advocate will take time to understand your unique situation and needs and review all your pregnancy options, including abortion procedures, cost, risks, and side effects.
- A Nurse will perform a urine pregnancy test, provide you with your pregnancy test results, evaluate your need for STD testing, review your health history and answer your medical questions.
- Following a positive pregnancy test, a Nurse Sonographer will provide an ultrasound exam in order to confirm the viability of your pregnancy and to determine your gestational age.
- Your Patient Advocate will review your customized Personal Resource List and provide any necessary medical and community support referrals.
- If needed, another appointment will be scheduled for the following week for you to receive your test results.
All services at Clearway Clinic are provided completely free of charge. We are a non-profit organization and, unlike other clinics, have intentionally structured our organization so there is no financial benefit to us from any decision you make. This leaves us free to provide unbiased information without any financial conflict of interest. And we’ll do it in a caring, non-judgmental way.