Who doesn’t want to have fun, especially during the summer months? But with budgets, goals, expenses, etc—that fun needs to be CHEAP. Here are 10 ways to have fun this summer without spending a lot of money.
Check out these ideas for a fun Staycation in Boston and the Central Massachusetts areas:
- Beach Time. The beaches are open! Read up on skin and swimming safety, grab your friends and head to your fav beach!
- Eat Ice Cream to Fight Cancer. Buy a ticket in advance for a discount to the Annual Scooper Bowl in Boston on June 6-8 from Noon—8pm. All you can eat ice cream for a worthy cause—it’s a win/win!
- Hiking. Hike a trail to discover a waterfall or beside a babbling brook.
- Annual Boston Dragon Boat Festival. Watch free boat races and Hong Kong cultural performances the weekend of June 10-11.
- A Braveheart’s game. If you are a baseball or outdoor sports fan, enjoy low cost tickets to watch a game.
- Strawberry Festival. Dudley’s annual festival has strawberry shortcake, burgers, hotdogs and other food for purchase along with their traditional frog jumping contest! All this and other activities are June 15th from 4pm—8pm.
- Camping. Whether you want to pitch a tent or check out a cabin, there are options in Central Mass.
- Parade of Sail and Sail Festival. Starting June 17th to the 21st in the Boston Harbor area there will be parades, festivals, music and entertainment—all free with food and refreshments available for purchase.
- Old Sturbridge Village. For under $30, you can visit one of the largest outdoor history museums complete with costumed historians reenacting 1830’s life in rural New England. Or, how about dinner and a theatrical performance about Huckleberry Finn?
- Outdoor concert series and farmers market. Starting June 22nd until August 24th, every Thursdays on the Worcester Common Oval from 11am—2pm, there will be live bands and free performances while you enjoy lunch!
Don’t let finances stop you—get out there and have some fun this summer! <3