If there is one thing all girls want, it would be healthy hair. No matter what length we prefer our hair to be… long, short, medium-length, etc. we all just want it to be healthy. How your hair looks and feels has a lot to do with genetics. However, there are A LOT of things that you can do to ensure that you maintain healthy, strong hair. Here are a few things to do if you want to have the healthiest hair:
- Avoid brushing your hair when it’s wet. Seems quite crazy for a girl with coarse, thick, tangly-all-the-time hair. However, it isn’t good to brush your hair when it’s freshly wet because it actually leads to hair breakage. So, if possible, let your hair dry a bit before you attack it with your brush.
- Wash your hair in cold water. No one likes a cold shower. Especially in the winter months. However, by using cold water to rinse and condition your hair, the cold water will seal in the moisture and shine. Hot water will dry out your hair and you won’t lock in any conditioning agents.
- Swimmer? Condition your hair before you go for a swim! By doing this, your hair won’t absorb the chlorine, instead it will absorb the clean water and conditioner.
- Don’t put your hair in a pony tale when wet. Can you say breakage? By putting your hair up and tightening a certain section of your hair while it is wet, this will just break the heck out of your hair. For strong hair, try to avoid doing much with your wet hair.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. I know we hear this a lot, and it doesn’t always make sense… but think about it. If you wash your hair every day, you are just drying it out. However, if you go a couple days, you will give your hair a rest. In addition, the natural oils are essential for healthy hair.
Don’t believe me? Try a couple. And remember, your hair won’t grow over night, and you also won’t notice a dramatic change immediately. You have to steadily practice these things, and over time, you will see a huge change in your hair.