Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) or Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs)
- Anyone who is sexually active can contract an STI/STD.
- Birth control pills do not protect against STIs.
- Two most common kinds of STI/STD: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea
- Others include: Syphilis, HIV, Hepatitis A, B and C
- STIs are transmitted by person to person contact through blood, semen, or vaginal fluids.
- Symptoms can vary and many times there may not be any symptoms in the person infected, so you may not even know you’ve been exposed.
- STIs can be passed from mother to infant during pregnancy or childbirth, which could cause serious problems.
- Untreated STIs during an abortion procedure can cause further health complications.
- STI screening and treatment is available through your doctor, urgent care facility or local STI clinics.
Clearway Clinic does limited STI panel testing, or we can refer you to a local clinic that does full panel testing.
Visit this link for more detailed medical information:
Click here for more information